LEDs represent the future of vehicular lighting and have become increasingly popular in recent years because of the many advantages they hold over bulb-based lights. While the initial purchase price is generally higher, a good LED headlight will provide superior visibility, rugged durability, and unmatched longevity – ultimately providing greater value. Not all LED headlights are created equal, however, so it is important to do your homework before you buy.
The objective of this training is to introduce the field of LED Lighting to technicians and operators, to develop their knowledge on the subject.
Course outcomes include:
- Understand lighting basics.
- Understand the types of light sources.
- In-depth overview of a Light Emitting Diode (LED).
- Understand the measurement of lights and common measurement terms.
- Understand the difference between LED and Halogen lights.
- Understand the different types of light beams.
- Understand fog and glare in vehicle lighting.
- Understand condensation in lights.