Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for learners with basic to intermediate knowledge of fluid sampling and patch test procedures. This course is broken down into two sections. The first section details the theory behind fluid sampling and the patch test procedure and the second section is a practical demonstration of fluid sampling and the patch test.
After completing this course, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What is fluid sampling and why it is an important part of any reliability focussed program?
- What are the common methods of fluid sampling and what are the preferred methods of obtaining a sample?
- What factors can impact how accurate the sample you take is?
- What are the benefits of having a well-defined sampling program in place?
- What is the patch test and what information can it provide about a system?
- What are the main data points which can be obtained from conducting a patch test?
And after the practical demonstration you should be able to:
- Take a sample that is representative of your system.
- Set up your patch test apparatus.
- Determine which patches should be used depending on the sample fluid obtained.
- Conduct a patch test and obtain an estimate of the ISO cleanliness of your sample fluid.